- There are more than 100 volcanoes in the state.
- Get ready for more impressive numbers! There are about 3 million lakes and 3,000 rivers in Alaska!
- Alaska is just 50 miles from Russia. Actually, the state was bought from Russia in 1867.
- In Alaska, it is illegal to wake bears to take a picture of them. Actually, such a risky activity should be illegal everywhere. Don’t wake sleeping bears, please.
- 25 percent of the oil produced in the USA is produced in Alaska.
- Lake Iliamna, located in Alaska, is approximately the size of Connecticut.
- The state sport of Alaska is dog mushing.
- Alaska has more coastline than all other states. The coastline extends for 6,640 miles.
Test your knowledge of Alaska
What is the state sport of Alaska?START QUIZ