- There’s a house in Massachusetts made entirely out of newspaper.
- The state has the lowest divorce rate in the USA. The divorce rate there is 2.2 divorces per 1000 people.
- The nation’s first subway system was built in Massachusetts in 1897.
- It’s illegal to use tomatoes to make clam chowder in Massachusetts.
- Both basketball and volleyball were invented in the state. Basketball was first played in 1891; volleyball was first played four years later.
- The state is home to the lake with the longest name in the world. The lake is called Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg. Now that’s impressive!
- The American Industrial Revolution became in Massachusetts.
- Boston Common is the first public park in the USA.
What is the capital of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts?
Tap the button below and give your answer!Give your answer