- Maine is the only state with a one-syllable name.
- Maine shares its border with only one other state, New Hampshire.
- It is unknown how the state got its name: the etymology is still a mystery.
- The most eastern capital city of the USA is Augusta.
- It is believed that the Vikings discovered the state 1,000 years ago.
- There are 3,166 islands in Maine.
- There is a desert in the state (Desert of Maine) which is located near the town of Freeport and is surrounded by a pine forest.
- Maine is one of the largest producers of broccoli and potatoes.
- The University of Maine has its own Lobster Institute.
Enjoy a new Geo Quiz!
Test and expand your knowledge!START QUIZ