- The world’s largest cactus plantation is located in the state.
- Elvis Presley was born in Mississippi.
- The largest cottonwood tree plantation In the world is located in Mississippi.
- The state was named after the Mississippi River. The native word for the river was “Messipi”. It means “Big River”.
- Root beer was invented in the state in 1898.
- Blues was created in the state.
- Mississippi has more churches per capita than any other state in the USA. People in the state actually visit churches more often than residents of other states.
- 63 percent of the state’s land area is covered in forest.
- The 13th Amendment (which abolished slavery) was ratified by the state in 2013.
Test your knowledge of the world now!START QUIZ