- South Carolina’s official dance is shag.
- The first battle of the Civil War took place at Fort Sumter, South Carolina.
- The state is the nation’s leading peach producer.
- At one time, South Carolina’s license plates read The Iodine State.
- The state’s smallest county is McCormick at 360 square miles.
- Sumter is the world’s largest Gingko farm.
- Legendary tennis player Althea Gibson and boxing champion Joe Frazier were born in South Carolina.
- Quarantine, Climax, Wide Awake – these are real towns in South Carolina.
- There are about 4,000 rhesus monkeys on Morgan Island, South Carolina.
- Duncan Park Baseball Stadium is the oldest minor league stadium in the United States.
Use the facts you've just learned to answer even more question in Patriotic Quiz!
Start now and test your knowledge!START QUIZ