- The state has the highest literacy rate in the United States.
- There’s a town named Levan in the middle of Utah. Some people say that its name is actually “navel” spelled backwards.
- The average snowfall in the mountains near Salt Lake City, Utah, is 500 inches.
- On average, Utah mountain peaks are the tallest in the country.
- Utah’s state animal is the rocky mountain elk.
- The Great Salt Lake is 4 times saltier than any of the world’s oceans.
- Utah means “people of mountains.”
- Utah is the second driest state in the country after Nevada. On average, the state has about 300 sunny days per year.
- Salt Lake City has more plastic surgeons per capita than any other city in the country.
- Utah could fit inside California two times.
Ding-ding-ding! Geo Quiz Time!
Why not take a virtual travel and learn a bit more about the world?START QUIZ