- Chuck roast – 4 lb
- Canned green chile peppers – 4 oz, chopped
- Chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Dried oregano – ½ tsp
- Ground cumin – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Salt – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300° F (150° C/Gas mark 2).
- Place the beef on heavy foil.
- Mix peppers, chili powder, dried oregano, ground cumin, minced garlic, and salt in a bowl. Rub the mixture over the beef. Wrap the beef in the foil. Place the wrapped meat in a roasting pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 3 ½ hours (until falls apart with a fork). Next, shred the meat with forks.
Serve and enjoy your Beef Carnitas!
While it's cooking, how about playing this fun travel quiz?
What is the official name of Mexico?Give your answer!