- Eggs – 2
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 ¾ tsp
- All-purpose flour – 1 2/3 cups
- Vegetable oil – for brushing
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add milk and vanilla extract. Whisk. Add sugar. Whisk again. Add baking powder. Then, gradually add flour. Whisk to incorporate. Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes.
- Brush the stovetop griddle with oil. Heat over medium.
- Brush the insides of the egg rings. Place on top of the griddle. Allow to sit for about a minute. Add the batter, filling halfway.
- Cook the pancakes for 3 minutes, or until begins to bubble. Carefully lift the egg rings. Flip the pancakes. Cook for 2 minutes more, or until cooked. Serve.
Let’s test your knowledge of Japanese cuisine!
A deep-fried pork chop in Japanese cuisine is called...Give your answer!