- Day-old Italian bread – 6 cups (bite-size pieces)
- Olive oil – 1/3 cup
- Ground black pepper – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 4, cut into wedges
- Red onion – ¾ cup, sliced
- Basil – 10 leaves, shredded
- Green olives – ½ cup, pitted, halved (optional)
- Mozzarella – 1 cup, cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas mark 6).
- Toss bread with olive oil (1/3 cup), ground black pepper, salt, and minced garlic. Place the bread on a baking sheet.
- Toast for 5 minutes, or until golden. Let the bread cool slightly.
- Whisk together oil (¼ cup) and vinegar.
- Toss together bread, tomatoes, basil leaves, olives, and cheese. Toss with the vinegar mixture. Allow to stand for 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
While your bread is getting dried, put your knowledge of Italian cuisine to the test!
This square Italian pasta is filled with ragout and topped with bechamel sauce.Give your answer!